Tulane and Notre Dame

Discuss anything else athletic or non-athletic related that doesn't belong on the main Tulane athletics forum.
netshorty
High Tide

Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:49 am

Is there a way to block a thread? This started out as a ridiculous topic and has grown into a civil war. Geez let this one die please.

tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:29 am

netshorty wrote:Is there a way to block a thread? This started out as a ridiculous topic and has grown into a civil war. Geez let this one die please.
So true!
Stadiums get old, winning never does.
Tulane Class of 1981
golfnut69
Green Wave

Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:08 am

tpstulane wrote:
netshorty wrote:Is there a way to block a thread? This started out as a ridiculous topic and has grown into a civil war. Geez let this one die please.
So true!
to quote shark tank...'take it behind the barn and shoot it"
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:45 am

Ranks right below the one he started titled “Willie Fritz to Kansas”
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Wild Pelican

Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:44 pm

True dat!
High School Stadium Gets You High School Football
DfromCT
Tsunami

Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:56 pm

tpstulane wrote:
Ranks right below the one he started titled “Willie Fritz to Kansas”
+1,000
" For every alum, no matter where they are...I want a football coach that's going to make Saturday something you anticipate and look forward to." --Troy Dannen

Thank you all for your support as my son Zach continues to beat leukemia
winwave
Wild Pelican

Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:08 pm

DfromCT
Tsunami

Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:58 am

winwave wrote:The Shamrock Series 2018:

http://www.und.com/sports/m-footbl/spec ... 17aaa.html
Not an added opponent, as ND was going to play Syracuse in 2018 as part of it's agreement with the ACC. They just moved the game to Yankee Stadium. Says zero about our ability to get on their schedule and actually backs many posts saying it's nearly impossible to do so.

That being said, I'd easily do a 2 for 1 or 3 for 1 or even just one in South Bend and a neutral site game in the Dome (both teams get their share of the gate) to get on ND's schedule. Win a game versus the Irish and you've grown the fan base.
" For every alum, no matter where they are...I want a football coach that's going to make Saturday something you anticipate and look forward to." --Troy Dannen

winwave
Wild Pelican

Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:30 am

LOL. It's not the first time the opponent was an ACC team. TPS said the Shamrock series was over. It's not. It doesn't back what you said at all. What it shows is you don't know anything about the Shamrock Series. Everyone said it's hard to get on their schedule. This avenue is still available as I said it was.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:12 am

winwave wrote:LOL. It's not the first time the opponent was an ACC team. TPS said the Shamrock series was over. It's not. It doesn't back what you said at all. What it shows is you don't know anything about the Shamrock Series. Everyone said it's hard to get on their schedule. This avenue is still available as I said it was.
To correct you, I quoted this article that said “it was all but dead”.
https://www.onefootdown.com/2017/3/3/14 ... k-schedule
Tulane Class of 1981
ajcalhoun
Swell

Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:49 am

"Oh boy, this debate is back" said no one. Ever.
Welcome to gotula.net, where it's never too late to mention Tanner Lee, Andy Cannizaro, Lindsey Scott Jr., Rich Rodriguez, David Pierce, or, of course, Scott Cowen. You see, no horse here is so dead that it cannot be beaten just a little bit more.
billow
Low Tide

Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:50 am

Let's see 79 is Bob Waldron, 83 Mike Truax, 54 Mike Mullen who had, I think 20 tackles that afternoon. 60 not sure? Bullard's Bandits made up secondary 23 Joe Bullard 13 Paul Ellis David Hebert Glen Harder 55 LB, Mike Valls 61 NG Joe Young and Ed Smith were DE also Randy Lee ......offense 29 was Steve Barrios, FB 35 was Bob Marshall QB 16 Mike Walker, 43 Ricky Hebert other Tailbacks Doug Bynum 48, FB Virgil Vaughan
winwave
Wild Pelican

Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:02 am

tpstulane wrote:
winwave wrote:LOL. It's not the first time the opponent was an ACC team. TPS said the Shamrock series was over. It's not. It doesn't back what you said at all. What it shows is you don't know anything about the Shamrock Series. Everyone said it's hard to get on their schedule. This avenue is still available as I said it was.
To correct you, I quoted this article that said “it was all but dead”.
https://www.onefootdown.com/2017/3/3/14 ... k-schedule
Like I told you it isn't. I follow it . You don't.
GreenLantern
Swell

Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:58 pm

Well, if we had played them in 2012 and/or 2013 I can guarantee Notre Dame would not have won the game(s).

Link: Notre Dame players caught cheating...Kelly says 'It has noting to do with me'..
golfnut69
Green Wave

Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:19 pm

GreenLantern wrote:Well, if we had played them in 2012 and/or 2013 I can guarantee Notre Dame would not have won the game(s).

Link: Notre Dame players caught cheating...Kelly says 'It has noting to do with me'..
c'mon...a few 'hail mary's' (not the pass) and all will be forgiven...that and 5,000.00 dollars
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
DfromCT
Tsunami

Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:49 am

golfnut69 wrote:
GreenLantern wrote:Well, if we had played them in 2012 and/or 2013 I can guarantee Notre Dame would not have won the game(s).

c'mon...a few 'hail mary's' (not the pass) and all will be forgiven...that and 5,000.00 dollars
Actually, a team vacating wins doesn't give the opponent the win. This happened to UL-L in our game in the New Orleans Bowl. They vacated the win, but we were not credited with a win. I guess technically GreenLantern's post is accurate, though the game played on the field more than likely would have been an ND victory, later vacated.

The bigger story here is Kelly's reaction. Typical Kelly, very defensive and not afraid to throw the students under the bus. He better get into the ESPN tournament (aka the playoff) in the next year or two or he'll be out in South Bend.

Aberzombie1892
Swell

Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:47 am

DfromCT wrote:
golfnut69 wrote:

Actually, a team vacating wins doesn't give the opponent the win. This happened to UL-L in our game in the New Orleans Bowl. They vacated the win, but we were not credited with a win. I guess technically GreenLantern's post is accurate, though the game played on the field more than likely would have been an ND victory, later vacated.

The bigger story here is Kelly's reaction. Typical Kelly, very defensive and not afraid to throw the students under the bus. He better get into the ESPN tournament (aka the playoff) in the next year or two or he'll be out in South Bend.
He won't. It would take too much for Notre Dame to get in. From the 10,000 foot level, Notre Dame could lose 1 game at most, would need 2 P5 champs to have 2 or more losses, and would need there to be no 1 loss non-P5 champ contenders. Notre Dame's schedule - 5 ACC, 3 G5 (incl. Navy), USC, Stanford, 1 B1G (generally), and a random P5 opponent is too tough of a schedule to play without a title game available to provide a mulligan. Not only that, by Notre Dame's schedule provides a wide range of football styles by (generally) combining Navy, PAC12, ACC, and B1G opponents, and that combination is also risky business without a title game to provide a mulligan.