Tulane and Notre Dame

Discuss anything else athletic or non-athletic related that doesn't belong on the main Tulane athletics forum.
netshorty
Surge

Is there a way to block a thread? This started out as a ridiculous topic and has grown into a civil war. Geez let this one die please.

tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

netshorty wrote:Is there a way to block a thread? This started out as a ridiculous topic and has grown into a civil war. Geez let this one die please.
So true!
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

tpstulane wrote:
netshorty wrote:Is there a way to block a thread? This started out as a ridiculous topic and has grown into a civil war. Geez let this one die please.
So true!
to quote shark tank...'take it behind the barn and shoot it"
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Ranks right below the one he started titled “Willie Fritz to Kansas”
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

True dat!
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

tpstulane wrote:
Ranks right below the one he started titled “Willie Fritz to Kansas”
+1,000
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
winwave
Top of the WAVE

6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

winwave wrote:The Shamrock Series 2018:

http://www.und.com/sports/m-footbl/spec ... 17aaa.html
Not an added opponent, as ND was going to play Syracuse in 2018 as part of it's agreement with the ACC. They just moved the game to Yankee Stadium. Says zero about our ability to get on their schedule and actually backs many posts saying it's nearly impossible to do so.

That being said, I'd easily do a 2 for 1 or 3 for 1 or even just one in South Bend and a neutral site game in the Dome (both teams get their share of the gate) to get on ND's schedule. Win a game versus the Irish and you've grown the fan base.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

LOL. It's not the first time the opponent was an ACC team. TPS said the Shamrock series was over. It's not. It doesn't back what you said at all. What it shows is you don't know anything about the Shamrock Series. Everyone said it's hard to get on their schedule. This avenue is still available as I said it was.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

winwave wrote:LOL. It's not the first time the opponent was an ACC team. TPS said the Shamrock series was over. It's not. It doesn't back what you said at all. What it shows is you don't know anything about the Shamrock Series. Everyone said it's hard to get on their schedule. This avenue is still available as I said it was.
To correct you, I quoted this article that said “it was all but dead”.
https://www.onefootdown.com/2017/3/3/14 ... k-schedule
Tulane Class of 1981
ajcalhoun
Swell

"Oh boy, this debate is back" said no one. Ever.
God Bless Everyone!
billow
High Tide

Let's see 79 is Bob Waldron, 83 Mike Truax, 54 Mike Mullen who had, I think 20 tackles that afternoon. 60 not sure? Bullard's Bandits made up secondary 23 Joe Bullard 13 Paul Ellis David Hebert Glen Harder 55 LB, Mike Valls 61 NG Joe Young and Ed Smith were DE also Randy Lee ......offense 29 was Steve Barrios, FB 35 was Bob Marshall QB 16 Mike Walker, 43 Ricky Hebert other Tailbacks Doug Bynum 48, FB Virgil Vaughan
winwave
Top of the WAVE

tpstulane wrote:
winwave wrote:LOL. It's not the first time the opponent was an ACC team. TPS said the Shamrock series was over. It's not. It doesn't back what you said at all. What it shows is you don't know anything about the Shamrock Series. Everyone said it's hard to get on their schedule. This avenue is still available as I said it was.
To correct you, I quoted this article that said “it was all but dead”.
https://www.onefootdown.com/2017/3/3/14 ... k-schedule
Like I told you it isn't. I follow it . You don't.
GreenLantern
Riptide

Well, if we had played them in 2012 and/or 2013 I can guarantee Notre Dame would not have won the game(s).

Link: Notre Dame players caught cheating...Kelly says 'It has noting to do with me'..
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

GreenLantern wrote:Well, if we had played them in 2012 and/or 2013 I can guarantee Notre Dame would not have won the game(s).

Link: Notre Dame players caught cheating...Kelly says 'It has noting to do with me'..
c'mon...a few 'hail mary's' (not the pass) and all will be forgiven...that and 5,000.00 dollars
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

golfnut69 wrote:
GreenLantern wrote:Well, if we had played them in 2012 and/or 2013 I can guarantee Notre Dame would not have won the game(s).

c'mon...a few 'hail mary's' (not the pass) and all will be forgiven...that and 5,000.00 dollars
Actually, a team vacating wins doesn't give the opponent the win. This happened to UL-L in our game in the New Orleans Bowl. They vacated the win, but we were not credited with a win. I guess technically GreenLantern's post is accurate, though the game played on the field more than likely would have been an ND victory, later vacated.

The bigger story here is Kelly's reaction. Typical Kelly, very defensive and not afraid to throw the students under the bus. He better get into the ESPN tournament (aka the playoff) in the next year or two or he'll be out in South Bend.
Aberzombie1892
Swell

DfromCT wrote:
golfnut69 wrote:

Actually, a team vacating wins doesn't give the opponent the win. This happened to UL-L in our game in the New Orleans Bowl. They vacated the win, but we were not credited with a win. I guess technically GreenLantern's post is accurate, though the game played on the field more than likely would have been an ND victory, later vacated.

The bigger story here is Kelly's reaction. Typical Kelly, very defensive and not afraid to throw the students under the bus. He better get into the ESPN tournament (aka the playoff) in the next year or two or he'll be out in South Bend.
He won't. It would take too much for Notre Dame to get in. From the 10,000 foot level, Notre Dame could lose 1 game at most, would need 2 P5 champs to have 2 or more losses, and would need there to be no 1 loss non-P5 champ contenders. Notre Dame's schedule - 5 ACC, 3 G5 (incl. Navy), USC, Stanford, 1 B1G (generally), and a random P5 opponent is too tough of a schedule to play without a title game available to provide a mulligan. Not only that, by Notre Dame's schedule provides a wide range of football styles by (generally) combining Navy, PAC12, ACC, and B1G opponents, and that combination is also risky business without a title game to provide a mulligan.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

This years Shamrock Series Uniforms:

https://notredame.rivals.com/news/notre ... s-uniforms
Hornetswave
Low Tide

I bet i can designed a uniform involving the City Of NOLA and Tulane. We place the shape of the City, which resembels a letter " U " on the helmets. The jerseys could have the city of NOLA which the pelicans uses, the issue would be the colors. If we are allowed to use different colors for special games would be awesome. What ya'll Think?
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Hornetswave wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 5:11 pm I bet i can designed a uniform involving the City Of NOLA and Tulane. We place the shape of the City, which resembels a letter " U " on the helmets. The jerseys could have the city of NOLA which the pelicans uses, the issue would be the colors. If we are allowed to use different colors for special games would be awesome. What ya'll Think?
Our basketball team already wears uni's that feature the City of New Orleans, and does so wearing OUR colors. Stick with the Green and Blue, and win football games. We need wins more than we need special uni's.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

DfromCT wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 5:51 am
Hornetswave wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 5:11 pm I bet i can designed a uniform involving the City Of NOLA and Tulane. We place the shape of the City, which resembels a letter " U " on the helmets. The jerseys could have the city of NOLA which the pelicans uses, the issue would be the colors. If we are allowed to use different colors for special games would be awesome. What ya'll Think?
Our basketball team already wears uni's that feature the City of New Orleans, and does so wearing OUR colors. Stick with the Green and Blue, and win football games. We need wins more than we need special uni's.
AMEN...too damn many "special uni's".... every week a diiferent helmet design a different color scheme...these special unis do not seem to work for 'Bama, Michigan, Ohio State, Texas A&M, Oklahoma, Georgia, Florida, Texas and about 100 other schools
nawlinspete
Riptide

Nope . Coach Hunter did away with the Dumbleavy streetcar unis . Hunter did not want anything from the prior regimes .
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
oliveandblue
Surge

nawlinspete wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 11:42 am
Nope . Coach Hunter did away with the Dumbleavy streetcar unis . Hunter did not want anything from the prior regimes .
Those outfits were awesome - the coaching just didn't match the attire.
Hornetswave
Low Tide

I agree , wins are more important than unit’s Thanks everyone.

Question, Will it be “ a Blue”out on September 4th vs the Sooners or cam we wear the traditional green?
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

Hornetswave wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 10:13 am I agree , wins are more important than unit’s Thanks everyone.

Question, Will it be “ a Blue”out on September 4th vs the Sooners or cam we wear the traditional green?
Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)