Temple over F.I.U.

Discuss anything else athletic or non-athletic related that doesn't belong on the main Tulane athletics forum.
Bigschtick
Riptide

28-3. Glad to see them win this one. They came prepared to play unlike us earlier this season.

Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
winwave
Top of the WAVE

There is already a thread in the AAC Forum on this.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Wavetrader
Low Tide

Glad the AAC put one on CUSA especially after the La Tech beat down of SMU. As for the game, FIU lost its Senior starting QB on the first drive with a broken collarbone. The backup FIU QB was sacked twice and threw two picks in his first 4 passing plays. FIU basically became one dimensional and limited to running the ball after first series in the game. Despite that, Temple was up only 7-0 at half and 7-3 in the 3Q before Temple opened it up in the 4th. It wasn't the whipping that the score indicated. It could've gone either way until the 4th, which was a tribute to the FIU defense given the futility of the backup FIU QB.
"There is winning and there is misery". BP
Bigschtick
Riptide

winwave wrote:There is already a thread in the AAC Forum on this.

My apologies! Actually, have never, ever gone to any other forums on gotulane except for the Huddle!!
Wave755
Tsunami

Wavetrader wrote: As for the game, FIU lost its Senior starting QB on the first drive with a broken collarbone.
Yep, if FIU had its senior quarterback for the entire game I'm not so sure Temple would have won.
Bigschtick
Riptide

Wave755 wrote:
Wavetrader wrote: As for the game, FIU lost its Senior starting QB on the first drive with a broken collarbone.
Yep, if FIU had its senior quarterback for the entire game I'm not so sure Temple would have won.

I agree. Temple lucked out . They did not look particularly adept at the game so to speak!