Sports looses another Great One

Discuss anything else athletic or non-athletic related that doesn't belong on the main Tulane athletics forum.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Dick Enberg has passed away...Mister "Oh MY" is now in broadcast heaven.... The play by play voice of UCLA Sports got his national recogintion, when UCLA VS Houston.... John Wooden agreed to the game with one condition, his play by play man must do the play by play for the TV broadcast..that one night in the Astrodome launched his TV career.....

Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Wave755
Tsunami

golfnut69 wrote:Dick Enberg has passed away...Mister "Oh MY" is now in broadcast heaven.... The play by play voice of UCLA Sports got his national recogintion, when UCLA VS Houston.... John Wooden agreed to the game with one condition, his play by play man must do the play by play for the TV broadcast..that one night in the Astrodome launched his TV career.....
kookingkajun
Low Tide

I remember in the '70s he hosted a TV show called Sports Challenge. It was set up lit the Quiz Bowl but it would be 3 players from different teams, (72 Dolphins vs. 72 Redskins would be a show) and all the questions were sports related.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

kookingkajun wrote:I remember in the '70s he hosted a TV show called Sports Challenge. It was set up lit the Quiz Bowl but it would be 3 players from different teams, (72 Dolphins vs. 72 Redskins would be a show) and all the questions were sports related.
I remembered that one also.... a complete list

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q ... mbqbnl-w02

a biop
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q ... idsPg-ZjQw
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

kookingkajun wrote:I remember in the '70s he hosted a TV show called Sports Challenge. It was set up lit the Quiz Bowl but it would be 3 players from different teams, (72 Dolphins vs. 72 Redskins would be a show) and all the questions were sports related.
Wow. I loved that show growing up! It was really a great show to test your sports knowledge. Thanks for bringing that memory up.

phpBB [video]
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981