Keepin' it Classy, LSU

Discuss anything else athletic or non-athletic related that doesn't belong on the main Tulane athletics forum.
GreenLantern
Riptide

Thinking about taking your kids or grands to an LSU game? Hee's what they'll get from the student section.
(unmute while playing the video)
https://twitter.com/LSUBarstool/status/ ... 1887985664

kookingkajun
Low Tide

At least their student section shows up.
Old news. They’ve been singing that.
You could say that about us changing the last word the the National Anthem.
torbida
Surge

Can never get those tigers to change their stripes
Profoundwizard
Swell

Really easy to call out another fan bases’ student section for being classless when we don’t even get students to show up
kookingkajun
Low Tide

They have more that stay tailgating than we have in the stadium.
MicMan
Swell

My senior year I went to every game except SMU away. Only the LSU fans gave us trouble.

Oh, and Barstool Sports sucks.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Profoundwizard wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:05 am Really easy to call out another fan bases’ student section for being classless when we don’t even get students to show up
+ 1.... class is in the eye of the beholder....and some are vision impaired....but they do show up,
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

That nasty cheer has spread to local BR girls high school cheering squads now. I just read an article on it.
https://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge ... t=headline
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Georgia fans say Tiger Stadium visit worst ever.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
Jaxwave
Swell

I live in a glass house and having your band involved is a whole different level but I seem to remember yelling, “Knit one, pearl two, LSU, eff you!” a few times.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

tpstulane wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:16 pm Georgia fans say Tiger Stadium visit worst ever.
I have been to games at over 30 venues, the SEC, Big 10, Big 12, ACC, AAC PAC 12, CUSA & Southland..and without doubt LSU is the worse
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

LSU has never been known as a “classy” school or student body. I will also say as a parent I would be extremely embarrassed by the “neck” chant. I do recall Tulane having some rather elitist chants when playing LSU including telling them to “pump our gas”. . .
kookingkajun
Low Tide

Do you think Alabama fans get open arms welcome when they go to Auburn. And vice versa. It gets to me how some of you spend so much time searching what LSU does. We’re not even a pimple on their ass. There is no more rivalry let’s move on.
It reminds me of something I read a feed years ago. There is only 2 reasons why you hate a team. 1. They beat you and /or you want to be like them. It’s not about a-hole fans or anything else . Just those 2.
sader24
Tsunami

Clearly none of you have ever read the Greenbacker cheerbook or you wouldn’t be offended by this. I’m sure it was Georgia fans worst visit ever, they lost. Love it or hate it, Tiger Stadium is still the best College football environment I’ve been to and by best I mean my favorite. Today we will sit among dozens of our fellow Tulane fans and daydream about having 1/100th of the atmosphere they do for big Home games.
GreenLantern
Riptide

Obviously this is embarassing to LSU as their AD has appealed to everyone and particularly the students to cease/desist. He has forbidden the band to participate in the "Neck" chant. Even WDSU has had an editorial demanding the school to clean things up. If allowed to continue, it will impact the number of visitors at LSU home games.

Call me an old fuddy duddy, but I don't like this in an evironment with kids. Today's game with SMU is the annual Riptide Kid's Club Game. Kids get a pregame party, get to be in the tunnel when the team takes the field, and get a postgame picture and get-together with RipTide. Most parents wouldn't like their kids hangin' with Riptide while chants of "Suck That Green Wave D**k B*tch" come from the stands.

I suppose my take is somewhat different than a lot of folks on this forum. Cool. My wife and I try and approach one or two visitors at each home game, thank them for coming to Tulane and jokingly tell them to spend a lot of money before they leave because New Orleans needs it. It makes me uncomfortable when I see Tulane fans agressively harassing visitors after a home win (as infrequently as that occurs).

If LSU is your favorite gameday environment and "Neck" is one of your favorite chants, fine. However, I am glad that you are not director of Tulane gameday activities. Neither will I want my grandkids at your house while you are playing "Pop That P**sy" or "Blowjob Betty" on the sound system.
kookingkajun
Low Tide

You’re and old fuddy duddy.
sader24
Tsunami

I play neither one of those songs ever. This will have no affect on attendance at LSU games bc as usual the only thing that matters to attendance is winning against quality opponents. Any way you slice it Tiger Stadium is one of the toughest places to play in the country and personally I love watching games there bc of the atmosphere and that includes as a Tulane fan several times. It shows how shitty we are athletically when all we have to do is complain about what LSU fans are chanting at games that don’t involve us. I wonder what quarter I will take my nap on the empty bleachers at Yulman today.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

sader24 wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:32 am I play neither one of those songs ever. This will have no affect on attendance at LSU games bc as usual the only thing that matters to attendance is winning against quality opponents. Any way you slice it Tiger Stadium is one of the toughest places to play in the country and personally I love watching games there bc of the atmosphere and that includes as a Tulane fan several times. It shows how shitty we are athletically when all we have to do is complain about what LSU fans are chanting at games that don’t involve us. I wonder what quarter I will take my nap on the empty bleachers at Yulman today.
Sader... I agree with much you have written on the subject...but when it comes to total game day enjoyment, BR is not that great of place...I agree, tuff place to play, but the last time I was there, ( 5 years ago ) the Stadium reeked, and the area and grounds surrounding the stadium looked like a dump site
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

if I remember correctly it was not that long ago, the Staff of the LSU student newspaper, reading about the treatment of visiting fans, dressed up in visitors "colors" and experienced first hand how they are treated...their follow up editorial was not all that flattering to the LSU faithful....dowsed with beer and urine...penis and ass exposure and groping were looked upon as normal behavior by LSU fans.....
sader24
Tsunami

It’s a very unfriendly place to go, which is what makes it great and original in a sporting landscape that is increasingly fabricated and contrived. I’ve been to a half dozen other SEC stadiums as an opposing fan and received identical treatment as I’ve received at Tiger Stadium. The fans are drunk, fired up and excited. It’s a fun place to watch a big time football game, something I fear we will never see at Yulman Stadium.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

DfromCT
Wild Pelican

I remember a particularly classy Tulane chant when playing LSU:
Hi above the Mississippi,
Standing in plain view,
Lies and old, abandoned outhouse,
Known as LSU.
Oh, the oder!
Oh, the smell!
Oh what a terrible smell.
Before I'd go to LSU,
I'd rather go to Hell!

Go to Hell, LSU, Go to Hell!
Heck ,I not only participated in chanting it, I bought it on a t-shirt in the Tulane bookstore as an undergrad! But it's not nearly as explicit as the chant that started the thread.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
winwave
Top of the WAVE

I can remember as a kid at the last home game before the LSU game late in the 4th quarter the chant would start "Go to hell LSU, Go to Hell". It didn't matter the opponent or the score of the game. Fun times.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.