New Orleans Advocate and Yesterday's UNO Game

Discuss anything else athletic or non-athletic related that doesn't belong on the main Tulane athletics forum.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Talk about shady reporting: Today's Advocate online has the following headline: "Privateers 'poor in every aspect' as UNO drops conference game 81-57 to Central Florida". The first paragraph or two talks about Central Florida making their way to a chilli Lakefront Arena. It's not until the middle of the article that the author starts to refer to UNO's opponent as Central Arkansas. What's worse is at the end of the article, the "tags" include UCF!

http://www.theadvocate.com/new_orleans/ ... 8691c.html

" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
anEngineer
Riptide

DfromCT wrote:Talk about shady reporting: Today's Advocate online has the following headline: "Privateers 'poor in every aspect' as UNO drops conference game 81-57 to Central Florida". The first paragraph or two talks about Central Florida making their way to a chilli Lakefront Arena. It's not until the middle of the article that the author starts to refer to UNO's opponent as Central Arkansas. What's worse is at the end of the article, the "tags" include UCF!

If it's not about LSU, the details don't matter.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

anEngineer wrote:
DfromCT wrote:Talk about shady reporting: Today's Advocate online has the following headline: "Privateers 'poor in every aspect' as UNO drops conference game 81-57 to Central Florida". The first paragraph or two talks about Central Florida making their way to a chilli Lakefront Arena. It's not until the middle of the article that the author starts to refer to UNO's opponent as Central Arkansas. What's worse is at the end of the article, the "tags" include UCF!

I don't know. The Advocate, particularly the New Orleans edition, gives pretty good coverage of Tulane Athletics. Not as much as LSU, but we're a much smaller school with a fan base that's miniscule compared to the Tiger Nation.
Wave755
Tsunami

DfromCT wrote:
anEngineer wrote:

I don't know. The Advocate, particularly the New Orleans edition, gives pretty good coverage of Tulane Athletics. Not as much as LSU, but we're a much smaller school with a fan base that's miniscule compared to the Tiger Nation.
John Georges owns the Advocate, John Georges is a through and through Tulane guy.
Ruski
Swell

The poll on the Advocate's Sports section:

"How many games do you think LSU football will win in 2016?"

DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Wave755 wrote:
DfromCT wrote:
anEngineer wrote:

John Georges owns the Advocate, John Georges is a through and through Tulane guy.
I knew the owner was a Tulane guy (alum?) But any newspaper faces a challenge to sell their product. And in Louisiana LSU sells a whole lot more papers than Tulane does. Having the owner as a Tulane guy is probably why we get as much coverage as we do. I'm thankful for that.
Wave755
Tsunami

DfromCT wrote:
Wave755 wrote:
DfromCT wrote:
anEngineer wrote:

I knew the owner was a Tulane guy (alum?) But any newspaper faces a challenge to sell their product. And in Louisiana LSU sells a whole lot more papers than Tulane does. Having the owner as a Tulane guy is probably why we get as much coverage as we do. I'm thankful for that.
His brother, Constantine Georges, is a former Tulane student body president.
Jaxwave
Swell

Costi was a fraternity brother of mine and a helleva intramural QB. Anybody know what he is doing today?
Jaxwave
Swell

Never mind, just googled him. Former federal prosecutor and owner of Dat Dog.