Miss State Baseball Recruiting

nowave
Ripple
Posts: 52
Joined: Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:49 pm
Status: Offline

Re: Miss State Baseball Recruiting

Postby nowave » Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:35 pm

tpstulane wrote:
DfromCT wrote:Amazing how for most of the work week this thread, and then the one about a satirical story on an obscure website the tongue in cheek has Fritz going to Kansas, gets more posts and views than the ECU game thread.

The Pirates may be down since they foolishly fired their coach at the end of the 2015 season, but we've been playing then regularly for a long time now, and ECU Football is a proud program that for the most part has had our number, going 11-3 versus the Wave.

Frustration thread.


i think it also shows how high our fans hold baseball at tulane in regards to other sports. its the one thing we have been able to hang our hat on. we expect positive results from this program.



winwave
Wild Pelican
Posts: 10684
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Offline

Re: Miss State Baseball Recruiting

Postby winwave » Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:28 pm

tpstulane wrote:Our 2013 class that Jake signed was ranked #23. Pierce came in and added 2 players to that class Dehart and Oakley and that bumped it up to #5 when all was said and done by Perfect Game.


As I noted above when the class originlly signed it was #55. After the draft and players from other teams signed with the pros it moved up.


It's the facilities stupid!

RollWaveRoll
Low Tide
Posts: 114
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2016 11:21 am
Status: Offline

Re: Miss State Baseball Recruiting

Postby RollWaveRoll » Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:45 pm

McWave wrote:
RollWaveRoll wrote:2013 was gauts first class where he was in charge of recruiting. Was #5. Then his next class had Zach warren who was with team usa last yr. was a stud. Also had top 2 players in the state of Louisianna who went elsewhere one who is tearing it up at LSU. We wouldve had two back to back top 25 classes in gauts 1st two yrs as recruiting coordinator

So 2013 was not the recruiting impediment some on this board claim. If what you say is true, DP should have had better recruiting classes in 2015 and 2016.


I agree with you 100% on this. DP and co did not recruit up to par. Yes 2013 class had a lot of scholly amount, but gaut had multiple blue chips in Jake Slaughter and Zach Warren coming in the following year. DP brought in 1 player that was a blue chip in Jordan Hicks and he never made it to campus...drafted 3rd round out of HS. He's currently playing in the AFL and cruising 98MPH and touching 102 in the 5th inning.



User avatar
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 16596
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:56 pm
Status: Offline

Re: Miss State Baseball Recruiting

Postby tpstulane » Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:04 pm

winwave wrote:
tpstulane wrote:Our 2013 class that Jake signed was ranked #23. Pierce came in and added 2 players to that class Dehart and Oakley and that bumped it up to #5 when all was said and done by Perfect Game.


As I noted above when the class originlly signed it was #55. After the draft and players from other teams signed with the pros it moved up.

Here’s the original signing class. It ranked 23rd.
http://tulanegreenwave.com/news/2013/9/ ... h=baseball

Sept. 25, 2013

NEW ORLEANS - All of the hard work the Tulane baseball coaching staff has put together over the last few years to secure a solid recruiting class for the 2014 season has earned tremendous recognition, as Perfect Game ranked Tulane's 2013 class as the 23rd best in the NCAA.

Rankings were determined by doling out points for each incoming freshman based on their individual national ranking. Tulane earned a total of 52 points for their 14-man freshmen signing class, ranking them just under the ACC's Clemson and Virginia and putting them ahead of the Big-12's Nebraska and Texas.


Stadiums get old, winning never does.
Tulane Class of 1981

winwave
Wild Pelican
Posts: 10684
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Offline

Re: Miss State Baseball Recruiting

Postby winwave » Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:22 pm

Wen the class was announced in November,2012. like it is every year it was rated #55. The story you posted was after the 2013 draft and the re-ranking. Just so people aren't confused: the class signs in November ,2012. They start school in August 2013 and begin play in 2014.


It's the facilities stupid!

User avatar
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 16596
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:56 pm
Status: Offline

Re: Miss State Baseball Recruiting

Postby tpstulane » Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:47 pm

winwave wrote:Wen the class was announced in November,2012. like it is every year it was rated #55. The story you posted was after the 2013 draft and the re-ranking. Just so people aren't confused: the class signs in November ,2012. They start school in August 2013 and begin play in 2014.

You maybe thinking of the 2011 class
viewtopic.php?t=8870


Stadiums get old, winning never does.
Tulane Class of 1981

winwave
Wild Pelican
Posts: 10684
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Offline

Re: Miss State Baseball Recruiting

Postby winwave » Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:26 pm

tpstulane wrote:
winwave wrote:Wen the class was announced in November,2012. like it is every year it was rated #55. The story you posted was after the 2013 draft and the re-ranking. Just so people aren't confused: the class signs in November ,2012. They start school in August 2013 and begin play in 2014.

You are thinking of the 2011 class
viewtopic.php?t=8870


No. I am talking about the 2013 class. I made a typo there and have now edited it. When you read that thread someone above talked about the ranking of the 2013 class and that was what I was responding too. The 2011 class doesn't fit into that conversation. Plus there's another thread somewhere that discusses that 2013 class and I think it was Rollwave that posted the links to each time that class got ranked and then re-ranked and it definitely started in the 50's. That's even been acknowledged in this thread about the re-ranking after other teams players signed with the pros and none of ours did.


It's the facilities stupid!

User avatar
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 16596
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:56 pm
Status: Offline

Re: Miss State Baseball Recruiting

Postby tpstulane » Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:29 pm

winwave wrote:
tpstulane wrote:
winwave wrote:Wen the class was announced in November,2012. like it is every year it was rated #55. The story you posted was after the 2013 draft and the re-ranking. Just so people aren't confused: the class signs in November ,2012. They start school in August 2013 and begin play in 2014.

You are thinking of the 2011 class
viewtopic.php?t=8870


No. I am talking about the 2013 class. I made a typo there and have now edited it. When you read that thread someone above talked about the ranking of the 2013 class and that was what I was responding too. The 2011 class doesn't fit into that conversation. Plus there's another thread somewhere that discusses that 2013 class and I think it was Rollwave that posted the links to each time that class got ranked and then re-ranked and it definitely started in the 50's. That's even been acknowledged in this thread about the re-ranking after other teams players signed with the pros and none of ours did.

I looked and couldn’t find it.


Stadiums get old, winning never does.
Tulane Class of 1981

winwave
Wild Pelican
Posts: 10684
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Offline

Re: Miss State Baseball Recruiting

Postby winwave » Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:06 pm

Keep looking. :mrgreen:


It's the facilities stupid!

User avatar
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 16596
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:56 pm
Status: Offline

Re: Miss State Baseball Recruiting

Postby tpstulane » Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:11 pm

winwave wrote:Keep looking. :mrgreen:

Haha to prove you’re right. That’s on you! :mrgreen:


Stadiums get old, winning never does.
Tulane Class of 1981

winwave
Wild Pelican
Posts: 10684
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Offline

Re: Miss State Baseball Recruiting

Postby winwave » Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:15 pm

I am right. Like I said your post is after the draft. Show the PG ranking when it was signed in November ,2012 that says it was ranked 23 from the outset. As I also said this has been discussed at length in other threads here and it was readily acknowledged by those that follow it that that class got that 20's ranking after the draft and other schools lost players to the draft and we didn't lose any.


It's the facilities stupid!

User avatar
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 16596
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:56 pm
Status: Offline

Re: Miss State Baseball Recruiting

Postby tpstulane » Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:18 pm

winwave wrote:I am right. Like I said your post is after the draft. Show the PG ranking when it was signed in November ,2012 that says it was ranked 23 from the outset. As I also said this has been discussed at length in other threads here and it was readily acknowledged by those that follow it that that class got that 20's ranking after the draft and other schools lost players to the draft and we didn't lose any.

Looked it up. We weren’t #55 we were #42

https://www.perfectgame.org/Articles/Vi ... ticle=7904

Top 10
https://www.perfectgame.org/Articles/Vi ... ticle=7915


Stadiums get old, winning never does.
Tulane Class of 1981

DfromCT
Tsunami
Posts: 5284
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:50 pm
Location: Stamford, CT
Status: Offline

Re: Miss State Baseball Recruiting

Postby DfromCT » Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:45 pm

Who cares where it was ranked before the kids reported to class? Isn't it a whole lot more important to get the kids on campus and hopefully living up to their potential? I know Coach Rick Jones had one year a ways back that was a top ten, if not top 5 class that was decimated by defections to pro ball.


" For every alum, no matter where they are...I want a football coach that's going to make Saturday something you anticipate and look forward to." Troy Dannen

Thank you all for your ongoing support as my son Zach continues to beat leukemia

Profoundwizard
Surge
Posts: 958
Joined: Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:50 pm
Status: Offline

Re: Miss State Baseball Recruiting

Postby Profoundwizard » Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:56 pm

DfromCT wrote:Who cares where it was ranked before the kids reported to class? Isn't it a whole lot more important to get the kids on campus and hopefully living up to their potential? I know Coach Rick Jones had one year a ways back that was a top ten, if not top 5 class that was decimated by defections to pro ball.


Of course the ranking after the draft and pro signings is the one that really matters. Win wave just likes to say it's not a top 25 class because then he'd have to give RJ and Gautreau credit for a good class. I'm sure he doesn't give RJ any credit for the class that got decimated either. Ww likes to have it both ways.



winwave
Wild Pelican
Posts: 10684
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Offline

Re: Miss State Baseball Recruiting

Postby winwave » Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:38 pm

tpstulane wrote:
winwave wrote:I am right. Like I said your post is after the draft. Show the PG ranking when it was signed in November ,2012 that says it was ranked 23 from the outset. As I also said this has been discussed at length in other threads here and it was readily acknowledged by those that follow it that that class got that 20's ranking after the draft and other schools lost players to the draft and we didn't lose any.

Looked it up. We weren’t #55 we were #42

https://www.perfectgame.org/Articles/Vi ... ticle=7904

Top 10
https://www.perfectgame.org/Articles/Vi ... ticle=7915


Glad you could admit I was right. :mrgreen:


It's the facilities stupid!

winwave
Wild Pelican
Posts: 10684
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Offline

Re: Miss State Baseball Recruiting

Postby winwave » Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:47 pm

Profoundwizard wrote:
DfromCT wrote:Who cares where it was ranked before the kids reported to class? Isn't it a whole lot more important to get the kids on campus and hopefully living up to their potential? I know Coach Rick Jones had one year a ways back that was a top ten, if not top 5 class that was decimated by defections to pro ball.


Of course the ranking after the draft and pro signings is the one that really matters. Win wave just likes to say it's not a top 25 class because then he'd have to give RJ and Gautreau credit for a good class. I'm sure he doesn't give RJ any credit for the class that got decimated either. Ww likes to have it both ways.


D- Go back and read the thread. I said I was just trying to give accuracy to the thread and explain the ranking process. You had a poster that is baseball centric who always overplays things trying to claim Gaut signed the #5 class . I was just pointing out that that wasn't true. The first ranking does matter. They wouldn't give a ranking then if it didn't. It gives you a lot better idea of what they think of your HS signees against ALL of the others. Gives you a lot better idea of whether or not the class will live up to expectations. That class ended up with two losing seasons and two regionals. I never said it wasn't a top 25 class. I stated several times that it did end up there. No one was talking about the Black Monday class. Wizard just wants all praise and no truth when it comes to his god.


It's the facilities stupid!

Profoundwizard
Surge
Posts: 958
Joined: Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:50 pm
Status: Offline

Re: Miss State Baseball Recruiting

Postby Profoundwizard » Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:53 pm

winwave wrote:
Profoundwizard wrote:
DfromCT wrote:Who cares where it was ranked before the kids reported to class? Isn't it a whole lot more important to get the kids on campus and hopefully living up to their potential? I know Coach Rick Jones had one year a ways back that was a top ten, if not top 5 class that was decimated by defections to pro ball.


Of course the ranking after the draft and pro signings is the one that really matters. Win wave just likes to say it's not a top 25 class because then he'd have to give RJ and Gautreau credit for a good class. I'm sure he doesn't give RJ any credit for the class that got decimated either. Ww likes to have it both ways.


D- Go back and read the thread. I said I was just trying to give accuracy to the thread and explain the ranking process. You had a poster that is baseball centric who always overplays things trying to claim Gaut signed the #5 class . I was just pointing out that that wasn't true. The first ranking does matter. They wouldn't give a ranking then if it didn't. It gives you a lot better idea of what they think of your HS signees against ALL of the others. Gives you a lot better idea of whether or not the class will live up to expectations. That class ended up with two losing seasons and two regionals. I never said it wasn't a top 25 class. I stated several times that it did end up there. No one was talking about the Black Monday class. Wizard just wants all praise and no truth when it comes to his god.


The 1st ranking doesn't matter, they give a ranking because it is good content for sites like Perfect Game and Baseball America. It gets views and clicks and when it's put out in November people will care about it because for all they know all those kids will make it to school.

I don't know who you're referring to as "his god". I was the 1st to be critical of Gaut in his time as an assistant. Other than the Alemais/Rogers class I didn't think he did that good of a job. And obviously RJ wasn't getting the job done at the end of his career. I've got no "god" here. You clearly have a vendetta against him. I can be objective about him, you cant.



winwave
Wild Pelican
Posts: 10684
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Offline

Re: Miss State Baseball Recruiting

Postby winwave » Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:44 am

That's your opinion on the rankings. Like I said to me that that initial ranking gives you a good idea of the true quality of the class. I think the results in that particular case back me up.

The talk in this thread was about Gaut not RJ till you brought it in. All I did was give an accurate accounting of how the various rankings came about with regard to the class. As usual you got overly defensive of RJ when he wasn't even being talked about.


It's the facilities stupid!

Profoundwizard
Surge
Posts: 958
Joined: Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:50 pm
Status: Offline

Re: Miss State Baseball Recruiting

Postby Profoundwizard » Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:55 am

D brought up RJ, not me and who can blame him? They kind of go hand in hand. I'm not overly defensive, it's just that everyone here knows that you have a vendetta against him



User avatar
RobertM320
Tsunami
Posts: 6050
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:18 pm
Location: Destrehan, LA
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: Miss State Baseball Recruiting

Postby RobertM320 » Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:19 am

I can see this is the beginning of the newest "Tanner Lee" thread. Already 3 pages about baseball recruiting at a school not even Tulane. I wonder if we'll get into the 60s or 70s, or maybe, like the Yulman Stadium thread, over 100 pages?

I mean, we can't even get 3 pages sometimes about an actual TULANE game, especially if its women's or minor sports. We've got 3 pages TOTAL to cover the ENTIRE 2017 volleyball season.


"ASK AND YE SHALL RECEIVE! HANG EM AND BANG EM! HANG EM AND BANG EM!"-- Todd Graffagnini

Pepper
Surge
Posts: 503
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:38 pm
Status: Offline

Re: Miss State Baseball Recruiting

Postby Pepper » Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:44 am

RobertM320 wrote:I can see this is the beginning of the newest "Tanner Lee" thread. Already 3 pages about baseball recruiting at a school not even Tulane. I wonder if we'll get into the 60s or 70s, or maybe, like the Yulman Stadium thread, over 100 pages?

I mean, we can't even get 3 pages sometimes about an actual TULANE game, especially if its women's or minor sports. We've got 3 pages TOTAL to cover the ENTIRE 2017 volleyball season.


If our recruiting was worth a sh*t, we would have more than 3 pages. Unfortunately, we are relegated to talking about other teams recruits, quarterbacks and facilities.


"Purple & Gold? You look ridiculous!"-Johnny Be Good.

winwave
Wild Pelican
Posts: 10684
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Offline

Re: Miss State Baseball Recruiting

Postby winwave » Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:42 am

Profoundwizard wrote:D brought up RJ, not me and who can blame him? They kind of go hand in hand. I'm not overly defensive, it's just that everyone here knows that you have a vendetta against him


The talk here had been all about GAUT recruiting that 2103 class. All I did was give an accurate acounnting of the rankings and how they came about. You make quite the leap to hide behind a vendetta that doesn't exist just so you can carry on your vendetta against me. I enjoyed the first 15 years of your gods tenure though they didn't meet my full expectations. I have said before that I introduced myself to him at his first practice and I pointed out all the advantages we had in that sport versus the football and basketball programs that were clearly lacking in support services from the school. I said this is the sport we should win NC in. I knew that window would close over time and so I wanted us to take advantage of it then. The last 6 years speak for themselves.


It's the facilities stupid!

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests