Baby Cakes Field for Football

Discuss anything else athletic or non-athletic related that doesn't belong on the main Tulane athletics forum.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

The first game there between Brother Martin and Curtis is going to be on ESPNU.

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
nawlinspete
Riptide

winwave wrote:The first game there between Brother Martin and Curtis is going to be on ESPNU.
Guess the teams, and the camera angles, are better than us vs Southern in Cow/Dick Disaster Stadium.
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
kookingkajun
Low Tide

I was out there today and in the north endzone there is about 2-3 feet from end line and wall. On the east side they will have about 1,000 seat bleachers. They're expecting anywhere from 8-10K at the game.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

kookingkajun wrote:I was out there today and in the north endzone there is about 2-3 feet from end line and wall. On the east side they will have about 1,000 seat bleachers. They're expecting anywhere from 8-10K at the game.
Yes. That picture says it all. Very close to the end line.
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

The end line at Tulane Stadium wasn't too far from the bushes.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Looks like Pan American
Tulane Class of 1981
dz1
Ripple

The first four rows of the bleachers are going to be useless at ground level with players standing in front of them. The vast majority of the people attending the game will be sitting from the 30 yard line wrapping around the back of the end zone. I don’t see this playing out well at all from the fan’s perspective for viewing a game.
kookingkajun
Low Tide

Tad Gormley charges to use the stadium and parking is not easy. I don't think that Zephyr park in charging the schools anything to play there. 5 dollars to park and if you leave early it's safe to go to your car. Concessions at TG (not Todd G) is a nightmare. I think once they get the bugs out after the first few games it's here to stay. TU should've been doing this on all away game dates.
chain gang x man
Swell

dz1 wrote:The first four rows of the bleachers are going to be useless at ground level with players standing in front of them. The vast majority of the people attending the game will be sitting from the 30 yard line wrapping around the back of the end zone. I don’t see this playing out well at all from the fan’s perspective for viewing a game.
The first 6-8 rows on the 3rd base side will be useless also. You won't be able to see over the players
chain gang x man
Swell

tpstulane wrote:Looks like Pan American
Long walk to restrooms and concessions
chain gang x man
Swell

kookingkajun wrote:I was out there today and in the north endzone there is about 2-3 feet from end line and wall. On the east side they will have about 1,000 seat bleachers. They're expecting anywhere from 8-10K at the game.
Destrehan Hahnville will draw 7000 this weekend
Br Martin and Curtis are 2 of the premier teams they should draw more then 10,000 Zephyr stadium capacity is 10,000
Yulman would be a better venue
chain gang x man
Swell

chain gang x man
Swell

http://api.tegna-tv.com/video/play/1289 ... 5b70de72e2

Notice where the bleachers on the visitor side are located. Anyone who sits there should receive a discount
lurker123
Swell

chain gang x man wrote:http://api.tegna-tv.com/video/play/1289 ... 5b70de72e2

Notice where the bleachers on the visitor side are located. Anyone who sits there should receive a discount
multi-purpose stadiums underachieve. Look at recent bowl games in yankee stadium as an example or the football games in other baseball stadiums including Raider Nation home games.

Yeah it is too bad NIMBY's have nixed use of Yulman.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

If it works out this season in the future I'd start by getting rid of the natural grass. Turf the entire field that way you eliminate most of the baseball look and the injury possibility with those dirt areas. Maybe in the future they can do something better with the bleachers. It's too bad Yulman will sit idle for high schools once again this year. (3rd straight after being told by SC that it will be a community football stadium for all to use).
Tulane Class of 1981
RobertM320
Green Wave

lurker123 wrote:

multi-purpose stadiums underachieve. Look at recent bowl games in yankee stadium as an example or the football games in other baseball stadiums including Raider Nation home games.

That misconception again. Yulman CAN host HS games. The exceptions are - no more than one per calendar week, and not on the same weekend as a Tulane home game.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
lurker123
Swell

RobertM320 wrote:
lurker123 wrote:

That misconception again. Yulman CAN host HS games. The exceptions are - no more than one per calendar week, and not on the same weekend as a Tulane home game.
Really I'm misconcepted? (Sorry Pres George W.) How many high school games have been in Yulman to date?
RobertM320
Green Wave

lurker123 wrote:
RobertM320 wrote:
lurker123 wrote:

Really I'm misconcepted? (Sorry Pres George W.) How many high school games have been in Yulman to date?
None. That's not what you said. You said the NIMBY's have nixed use of Yulman. That is factually not true. We CAN hold HS football games there, as long as its not more than one per week, and not on a weekend of a Tulane home game. Also, there's restrictions on concerts (no C&W, rap, or rock, but we can have symphonies), and a total of 10 non-football major events per year. There's a difference between CAN'T and HAVEN'T YET. So if you believe we CAN'T, that's a misconception, because its not true.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
winwave
Top of the WAVE

We can. We haven't b/c of the cost involved. All the same requirements we have for parking, security, and so on apply for the HS games as well.
lurker123
Swell

winwave wrote:We can. We haven't b/c of the cost involved. All the same requirements we have for parking, security, and so on apply for the HS games as well.
OK. Sounds to me like the NIMBY's have nixed use of Yulman for high school games. You can parse it as you will as to what mechanisms they used to achieve that result. Let me know when Jesuit and St Aug play there. I'll come.
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

winwave wrote:We can. We haven't b/c of the cost involved. All the same requirements we have for parking, security, and so on apply for the HS games as well.
Right, the NIMBY requirements basically eliminate the possibility of hosting HS games. What's the point of getting approval to host games if it is financially impossible? I guess we could take a loss for exposure, I really doubt it would cost as much as a TU gameday. Less vendors, less parking folks etc.

Another colossal SC/RD failure. Where's Ed Daniel's to defend RD on this debacle? Really think about it. In the City of New Orleans there is a stadium that is perfect for outdoor HS football games. A stadium that would introduce potential NOLA recruits and students to Tulane, yet they are playing games in a baseball stadium in Metairie....mind blowing.
Last edited by mbawavefan12 on Thu Sep 22, 2016 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

lurker123 wrote:
OK. Sounds to me like the NIMBY's have nixed use of Yulman for high school games. You can parse it as you will as to what mechanisms they used to achieve that result. Let me know when Jesuit and St Aug play there. I'll come.
may I offer a solution..all NIMBY's opposed to utilizing Yulman to it's fullest capabilities...shoot them...it is called leverage or in this case "hostile take over" !!!

Happens in the business world on daily basis
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
winwave
Top of the WAVE

lurker123 wrote:
I didn't parse it. Robert pointed out that you were misinformed since you were saying it can't be used by agreement at all for HS games. It can be and TD will get it worked out.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

The ole $5 to park at Zephyr is back to scalp the high school students and their families.
Tulane Class of 1981