Fred Dowler

Looking to buy, swap, trade, or give away your tickets?
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Hi, Fred.

I left my tickets in your name. Did you go?

" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Of course not.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

tpstulane wrote:Of course not.

If not, he's on my blocked list. I question whether or not he is really a Tulane fan, or just someone that loves to point out how inept is the Tulane effort to compete. A fan goes to a game when given the opportunity. His thousands of posts all boil back to one theme: Tulane isn't committed to competing at the highest level. Something most of us agree with, and don't need to be told half a dozen times/daily.
ccap05
Surge

DfromCT wrote:

If not, he's on my blocked list. I question whether or not he is really a Tulane fan, or just someone that loves to point out how inept is the Tulane effort to compete. A fan goes to a game when given the opportunity. His thousands of posts all boil back to one theme: Tulane isn't committed to competing at the highest level. Something most of us agree with, and don't need to be told half a dozen times/daily.
You can say that again.
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

ccap05 wrote:
DfromCT wrote:

You can say that again.
Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

"Ignore" is just short for ignorance.

He's said he cares more about basketball. Who cares whether Fred is a sports fan at all? It's quite rational to not spend 6-7 hours on watching 2 <100 RPI teams.

This kind of childish thinking continues to drive all thought processes around Tulane Athletics just as you see Rick Dickson put his critics on in-real-life ignore. A healthy Tulane athletics program, and university, is in the interests of the entire NOLA community and how many football games someone goes to isn't a useful barometer for the validity of their opinion.
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

NOLABigSteve wrote:
ccap05 wrote:
DfromCT wrote:

You can say that again.
Actually, I'll disagree wholeheartedly.

The media has enabled Scott Cowen to perpetuate a narrative. I bet <15% of NOLA residents would have any idea that Tulane's academic ranking has been plummeting for all 15 years, that alumni giving is in the tank, the decision to drop engineering looks ridiculous, he's lied consistently, presided over numerous national embarrassments (1 this week) and athletics are certainly one of those national embarrassments.

It's pretty hard to conceal the truth that broadly in the social media age, which means that there isn't nearly enough repetition of the facts.

The facts suggest that we all need to be told well more than a half a dozen times a day.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Fred wouldn't show up if you offered him a free limo ride to Yulman with Glazer Club seats. Free premium food, drinks with 50 yard line seats. He's still not going.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

jonathanjoseph wrote:
NOLABigSteve wrote:
ccap05 wrote:
DfromCT wrote:

You can say that again.
Actually, I'll disagree wholeheartedly.

The media has enabled Scott Cowen to perpetuate a narrative. I bet <15% of NOLA residents would have any idea that Tulane's academic ranking has been plummeting for all 15 years, that alumni giving is in the tank, the decision to drop engineering looks ridiculous, he's lied consistently, presided over numerous national embarrassments (1 this week) and athletics are certainly one of those national embarrassments.

It's pretty hard to conceal the truth that broadly in the social media age, which means that there isn't nearly enough repetition of the facts.

The facts suggest that we all need to be told well more than a half a dozen times a day.
Yes, but when we agree with his basic premise do we really need to hear the EXACT SAME MESSAGE IN OVER ONE THOUSAND POSTS?

TAKE IT TO SOMEONE THAT CAN DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT. THE INTERNET BULLETIN BOARDS ARE NOT GOING TO FACILITATE CHANGE.

FU Fred and JJ. We've heard it. We got it, probably before you're first posts, no need to try to pound it into us by posting the same old crap we already know and agree with thousands of times. It simply makes you sound like a broken record.

AGAIN, TAKE IT SOMEWHERE WHERE IT MIGHT MAKE A DIFFERENCE. Here it makes absolutely ZERO difference.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

And I'll repeat: THE SAME OLD FRED DOWLER AND JJ POSTS ABOUT TULANE NOT BEING FULLY COMMITTED TO COMPETING AT THE HIGHEST LEVEL IS ALREADY UNDERSTOOD AND AGREED BY 99.99% OF THOSE OF US THAT COME HERE.

WE DON"T NEED TO BE LECTURED OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER.

Redundant?

Read your posts.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Fred: I'll make the same offer for this Friday Night game versus the Bearcats. Let me know ASAP and I'll have my tickets in your name at Will Call.