Suggestions

Questions, complaints, and suggestions are always welcome.
nawlinspete
Riptide

winwave wrote:
NOLABigSteve wrote:1. If you want people to see a video buried in pages of responses, try using the video tag and actually embed the video vs. just posting the link. Or go ahead and tweet the video.

2. This is an athletics forum. There's no need for an Athletics subforum.

3. If everything Rick Dickson related wasn't merged, I would say 75% of this site would be common threads with the same diatribe against the man. There is no deleting of posts, but organization isn't a bad thing.
Steve I understand where you are coming from but this latest revelation deserves to stand alone. It comes from an AD of an SEC school. Many here have stated the same.

Res Ipsa Loquitur... The Facts Speak For Themselves

President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Everyone needs to chill. Thank Steve for having the board in the first place. He's not controlling content, nor is he censoring opinions that differ from his. He's just managing as he sees fit. NOTHING IS GETTING DELETED. If you don't like it, rather than attack him, the site, or the way it's run, start your own Tulane Athletics site.

I know I rarely miss posts, and if I do, it's not the end of the world. There are more important things in real life and in the world of Tulane Athletics to get upset about.

Thanks again, Steve.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
nawlinspete
Riptide

golfnut69 wrote:I have every team listed on Tulanes schedule on a earlier thread, which I just amend, but it is now buried on page 3 or 4 of the Huddle

http://cfn.scout.com/2/1558567.html
Administrators here are more concerned about their spin on topics than they are about readers of the board being able to find newest and freshest posts. They want us to slug through "old" to find new instead of allowing new to be easily accessed.

Sort of reminds one of "...take it across the street if you don't approve of our Model...."
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

nawlinspete wrote:
golfnut69 wrote:I have every team listed on Tulanes schedule on a earlier thread, which I just amend, but it is now buried on page 3 or 4 of the Huddle

Administrators here are more concerned about their spin on topics than they are about readers of the board being able to find newest and freshest posts. They want us to slug through "old" to find new instead of allowing new to be easily accessed.

Sort of reminds one of "...take it across the street if you don't approve of our Model...."
That's pretty absurd.
Show Me
Tsunami

It's easy to search and then " bump " a thread forward.
Show Me
Tsunami

"Bump it" next time. Old stuff falls down on every board.
ajcalhoun
Swell

Show Me wrote:

"Bump it" next time. Old stuff falls down on every board.
Or request that it be "Stickied."

BTW I think Steve spends plenty enough time on what has to be a money-losing proposition for him. I wouldn't blame him a bit if he took a "go across the street" position.
God Bless Everyone!
nawlinspete
Riptide

There they go again; combining the Green Wave thread into a non related thread. Two separate thoughts deserve two separate threads !
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

nawlinspete wrote:Administrators here are more concerned about their spin on topics than they are about readers of the board being able to find newest and freshest posts. They want us to slug through "old" to find new instead of allowing new to be easily accessed.

Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

nawlinspete wrote:

Pete, this is ludicrous. If you click on "active topics" you'll see any thread anyone has added to in the past 7 days. Actually, if you want to go back further, there's a pull down menu to go back for any topic active in the past month, 3 months, 6 months, etc. I just clicked on past 3 months and found there's 358 threads that were active in the past 3 months.

So to debunk your myth about being able to find the newest and freshest posts, sorry, but it's ONE CLICK AWAY.

I've never found this site to try to steer the conversation to their viewpoint. Never.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
Show Me
Tsunami

DfromCT wrote:
nawlinspete wrote:

Pete, this is ludicrous. If you click on "active topics" you'll see any thread anyone has added to in the past 7 days. Actually, if you want to go back further, there's a pull down menu to go back for any topic active in the past month, 3 months, 6 months, etc. I just clicked on past 3 months and found there's 358 threads that were active in the past 3 months.

So to debunk your myth about being able to find the newest and freshest posts, sorry, but it's ONE CLICK AWAY.

I've never found this site to try to steer the conversation to their viewpoint. Never.
This.
Funny that guy would complain. He's only been voted the most annoying poster around who's too lazy to look for active topics. He has to start a new topic for every brainstorm he gets. He took Jonathan's place for that stuff. There are already 100's of Fire Dickson threads. And I see his next target is Fitts. So expect the next 10 years to be Fire Fitts from him.
nawlinspete
Riptide

Ridiculous merge.

Old thread three years old and about other people. TPS just upset he did not post first.
nawlinspete
Riptide

Stop merging new information with three year old threads. TPS, why do you think you are ENTITLED ?
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Steve,

You do a great service w/this site. It is greatly appreciated and has given true die-hards a place to express themselves. With regards to the current squabble I would suggest doing away w/the recent topics at the top of the site. It just makes things too busy and people only see the topic and don't see which forum the post was on. It may well be on the Other Teams Forum that many here appear to want to avoid. Also, I understand the needs for ads but they really seem to be overtaking the site especially the pop up one's that come out of the bottom of the screen.

Thanks again for your hard work here.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

winwave wrote:Steve,

You do a great service w/this site. It is greatly appreciated and has given true die-hards a place to express themselves. With regards to the current squabble I would suggest doing away w/the recent topics at the top of the site. It just makes things too busy and people only see the topic and don't see which forum the post was on. It may well be on the Other Teams Forum that many here appear to want to avoid. Also, I understand the needs for ads but they really seem to be overtaking the site especially the pop up one's that come out of the bottom of the screen.

I like the most recent but we should only include Tulane topics If that's possible. I agree with the pop up ad's on the bottom of the mobile device. I have to admit it gets frustrating when I accidentally hit on one when trying to post something or edit one of my posts.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
TXWave88
Surge

I agree if it wasnt obvious. I looked today at one point and there 4 of 5 topics that were notTulane related al from the Other Louisiana Schools section. My only complaint. Everything else is fine with me.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

TXWave88 wrote:I agree if it wasnt obvious. I looked today at one point and there 4 of 5 topics that were notTulane related al from the Other Louisiana Schools section. My only complaint. Everything else is fine with me.
a big azz plus one from me !!!!
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
cajunfanatico
Swell

tpstulane wrote:
winwave wrote:Steve,

I like the most recent but we should only include Tulane topics If that's possible. I agree with the pop up ad's on the bottom of the mobile device. I have to admit it gets frustrating when I accidentally hit on one when trying to post something or edit one of my posts.
I like the most recent feature as well. I suggest you just do away with the Other Louisiana Schools forum.
ajcalhoun: Nobody here gives a flying fuck about UL-L and the Sunbelt Conference.
GreenLantern
Riptide

golfnut69 wrote:
TXWave88 wrote:I agree if it wasnt obvious. I looked today at one point and there 4 of 5 topics that were notTulane related al from the Other Louisiana Schools section. My only complaint. Everything else is fine with me.
a big azz plus one from me !!!!
It is disconcerting to see several of the most recent topics having nothing to do with Tulane.
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

I've turned off the ads that come from the bottom of the screen. With regards to the most recent topics being only from certain forums, I did go look to see if that feature was available and it wasn't. Let me poke around further and see if I can actually go into the code and modify it. Thanks for the feedback. I will get you an update hopefully fairly soon.
Roll Wave!
Wave755
Tsunami

Steve, thankfully we don't have trolls from USM, UL-M, La. Tech, So. Alabama, Nicholls State, McNeese State, Delta State and other regional state universities keeping us "up to date" for their "programs" or it would effectively be the end of the Gotula forum. GoTula as an unmoderated forum is an understandable reaction to YOGWF, it is far superior from A to Z compared to the NOLA.com forum we took refuge at for Tulane athletics from YOGWF for so many years. Perhaps simply confining posts concerning other universities solely to the other universities section would be a good compromise between a moderated forum and one that invites trolls? In this way any such "other universities post" on the huddle or other non-relevant Gotula section would be immediately moved to the other universities section and in that way Gotula can still remain true to its principles and intent? :?:
Last edited by Wave755 on Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

NOLABigSteve wrote:I've turned off the ads that come from the bottom of the screen. With regards to the most recent topics being only from certain forums, I did go look to see if that feature was available and it wasn't. Let me poke around further and see if I can actually go into the code and modify it. Thanks for the feedback. I will get you an update hopefully fairly soon.
Thanks for the quick response.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
DrBox
Riptide

I just posted on the Saints/Yulman thread, and a category "Similar Threads" popped up, with 3 threads under it. 1 was from 2014 and 2 from 2012.
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

DrBox wrote:I just posted on the Saints/Yulman thread, and a category "Similar Threads" popped up, with 3 threads under it. 1 was from 2014 and 2 from 2012.
Whenever you are reading a thread, similar threads (by topic name) do pop up at the bottom. The Recent Posts is a different issue.
Roll Wave!
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

Ok. All posts under all forums under the "Other Athletic Forums" category will no longer show in the newly named "Recent Tulane Topics" section at the top of the home page. I can extend this exclusion to the "General Forums" category as well, but let's see how this works for now and we'll go from there.
Roll Wave!