Suggestions

Questions, complaints, and suggestions are always welcome.
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

NOLABigSteve wrote:Ok. All posts under all forums under the "Other Athletic Forums" category will no longer show in the newly named "Recent Tulane Topics" section at the top of the home page. I can extend this exclusion to the "General Forums" category as well, but let's see how this works for now and we'll go from there.

Perfect, thanks Steve.

Wave755
Tsunami

NOLABigSteve wrote:Ok. All posts under all forums under the "Other Athletic Forums" category will no longer show in the newly named "Recent Tulane Topics" section at the top of the home page. I can extend this exclusion to the "General Forums" category as well, but let's see how this works for now and we'll go from there.
Great Big Steve, I noticed this morning no troll posts at the top of our page. I think you have solved the problem, now back to TULANE v. DUKE. :)

And again, many thanks for this forum for Tulane Athletics!
:D
[/size]
TXWave88
Surge

Thank you Steve!
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Great!!!!
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Great work as usual Steve. You have always excelled at everything you do.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
nawlinspete
Riptide

Why not open voting on polls to non members ? Would get them involved, would be a more representative sample than our "consistent 30", and would probly increase GOTULANE.NET membership.
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
nawlinspete
Riptide

It is time to take down the FB countdown to game time clock and the only partially filled out 2015 FB results.
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
nawlinspete
Riptide

by eliminating dead and unnecessary forums: gametracker, ticket exchange, snapshots, merchandise, greenbacker, gumby, rathskeller, other La. Actually, a chronological Board will be an improvement over the current divisive forums.
Show Me
Tsunami

nawlinspete wrote:by eliminating dead and unnecessary forums: gametracker, ticket exchange, snapshots, merchandise, greenbacker, gumby, rathskeller, other La. Actually, a chronological Board will be an improvement over the current divisive forums.
April Fools was last Friday Pete.
nawlinspete
Riptide

Show Me wrote:
nawlinspete wrote:by eliminating dead and unnecessary forums: gametracker, ticket exchange, snapshots, merchandise, greenbacker, gumby, rathskeller, other La. Actually, a chronological Board will be an improvement over the current divisive forums.
April Fools was last Friday Pete.
I am Pavlov and you are my dog....
Show Me
Tsunami

ajcalhoun
Swell

Why don't you just start your own board, pete? You could format it however you like. I'm sure it would be wildly popular.
God Bless Everyone!
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Let's start by deleting this thread
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
dpm wave
Swell

Only if we start by eliminating this thread
nawlinspete
Riptide

Make it happen.
Show Me
Tsunami

I can’t seem to find “Mark all Topics Read” since the server update.
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

I'll take a look. Part of the server update was also having to update the forum software.
Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

Show Me wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 6:27 am I can’t seem to find “Mark all Topics Read” since the server update.
Do you not see the link "Mark topics read" to the left of the paginate buttons:

viewforum.php?f=3
Roll Wave!
Show Me
Tsunami

NOLABigSteve wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:55 am
Show Me wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 6:27 am I can’t seem to find “Mark all Topics Read” since the server update.
Do you not see the link "Mark topics read" to the left of the paginate buttons:

viewforum.php?f=3
Omg. Thanks!! Lol
RobertM320
Green Wave

Just my opinion, but I'm not happy that older posts no longer show the exact date of the post. It just says 5 years ago, or 6 years ago. Is this a feature or a bug?
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

RobertM320 wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 12:39 pm Just my opinion, but I'm not happy that older posts no longer show the exact date of the post. It just says 5 years ago, or 6 years ago. Is this a feature or a bug?
It’s a feature of the updated forum software. But I’m not sure I like it either. I can take a vote / create a poll and disable if so.
Roll Wave!
winwave
Top of the WAVE

In addition to what R320 said now when we open a link that someone post instead of being able to go right back to the page you were reading on the site you have to close out of the link. On top of that the site really jumps now when you hit first unread post and skips over a couple of new ones so you have to scroll up before proceeding.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

* I've updated/fixed the relative vs. actual date issue.
* I've noticed the jumping of the site since the upgrade, still trying to debug that one.
* External links now open in new windows/tabs. Let me see if I can tweak that setting.
Roll Wave!
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Thanks for addressing all of that Steve.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

I just noticed another issue. The title thread for the Tulsa game was amended and it appears on the Huddle board in the amended version but it still just reads Tulsa Game Thread on the index board.