Other Louisiana university thread

Questions, complaints, and suggestions are always welcome.
Jonathan
Riptide

Steve Would you consider getting rid of this thread. Cajun Fantastico puts up approximately fifty posts a week pushing the University of Louisiana at Lafayette ULL that he calls a different name not the legal name of the school.No other Louisiana university posts on this thread except him. No Tulane posters even from our website are allowed or can post on the ULL website. They had a recent four page thread stating that Yulman could not accommodate 23,000 even though we had over 30,000 at two home games last season. Pressure had them delete the false thread from their board.

Aberzombie1892
Swell

Who cares? ULL has been solid on the field, and it is building new facilities, but who cares?

At this point in time, if all of the power conferences expanded to 16, it's likely that two additional LA schools would be added to those leagues, and ULL wouldn't be one of them. So, once again, who cares?
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

I have nothing against the Cajun Dude...but just ignore his post.... LALAF is making the best of the cards it has been dealt, nothing wrong with that...too bad, some unnamed people at a University in "uptown" have not taken the same stance...being "pro-active" is not something that comes easily, to the "educated beyond their IQ" administration, of Tulane University
Last edited by golfnut69 on Fri Jul 31, 2015 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
cajunfanatico
Swell

What the fark did I do?
ajcalhoun: Nobody here gives a flying fuck about UL-L and the Sunbelt Conference.
ajcalhoun
Swell

You did nothing wrong cajunfanatico. Some on here have trouble grasping the concept that there is a sub-forum on this site named THOSE OTHER LOUISIANA SCHOOLS. One would think that it was self-explanatory but apparently not.
God Bless Everyone!
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

ajcalhoun wrote:You did nothing wrong cajunfanatico. Some on here have trouble grasping the concept that there is a sub-forum on this site named THOSE OTHER LOUISIANA SCHOOLS. One would think that it was self-explanatory but apparently not.
+1 If you don't like it Jonathan, don't read that sub-forum. No rules are being broken.
Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)
sader24
Tsunami

The issue here is that the way the Main Forum is set up is any new post on any forum immediately goes to the top. Jonathan has yet to grasp this and think Cajun is spamming the Main Board with ULL stuff when he's just posting on the other forum. I don't know if it's possible, but I would perhaps suggest that only Tulane related Forums appear on the Recently Posted Forum that shows at the top when you get to the site. Cajun hasn't done anything wrong, but ULL posts probably don't belong on the top of the page ever.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

sader24 wrote:The issue here is that the way the Main Forum is set up is any new post on any forum immediately goes to the top. Jonathan has yet to grasp this and think Cajun is spamming the Main Board with ULL stuff when he's just posting on the other forum. I don't know if it's possible, but I would perhaps suggest that only Tulane related Forums appear on the Recently Posted Forum that shows at the top when you get to the site. Cajun hasn't done anything wrong, but ULL posts probably don't belong on the top of the page ever.
The active topics include those most recent posts. Cajunfanatico does absolutely nothing wrong. Yes, even I have sometimes tired of his posts about the new U-La-Laf facilities, but at the same time, all I have to do, if I choose, is put him on my blocked list. Frankly, I find his posts refreshing; they remind me what an Administration that WANTS TO WIN AND SUCCEED does to meet their goals. Thus, we see how far short our Administration falls which explains why we're not successful.

If you want to change the home board so that it doesn't include any recent threads other than those about Tulane, I wouldn't object. But I want to see ANY recent thread when I click on "Active Topics."

Steve & Co., thanks again for making this site possible.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
alex59
Trickle

University of Louisiana is one of the best colleges in Louisiana to complete your education. Currently university has 17,519 student enrollment capacity and it is public institution to offer under graduate and post graduate courses. As per 2016-17 fees table, its in-state tuition fee is $9,450 which is 14% higher from previous year.
RobertM320
Green Wave

alex59 wrote:University of Louisiana is one of the best colleges in Louisiana to complete your education. Currently university has 17,519 student enrollment capacity and it is public institution to offer under graduate and post graduate courses. As per 2016-17 fees table, its in-state tuition fee is $9,450 which is 14% higher from previous year.
Not sure what you were looking at, but here's the link to the site you used. Tulane is #42 in the country. UL-L is not rated in the top 150. Not a good look on your first post here.

http://www.collegebesty.com/best-colleges/
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Tulane IS THE University of Louisiana. There is no other. Just as U Cal is in Berkely and UCLA is University of California Los Angeles, University of Louisiana Lafayette is NOT "The University of Louisiana." It's UL-L. Call yourselves "Louisiana" if you must but the one and only University of Louisiana went private in the 1860's.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
kookingkajun
Low Tide

I'm not sure why everyone gets so pissy about a name of a school. If it's so important to Tulane then why don't they put it on their diplomas. I guess you could say I attended a Spanish school...UNO...
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

kookingkajun wrote:I'm not sure why everyone gets so pissy about a name of a school. If it's so important to Tulane then why don't they put it on their diplomas. I guess you could say I attended a Spanish school...UNO...
I will ask U a question...if the name of a school is not that important, why is Louisiana Laughette trying to re-brand it self ?
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
cajunfanatico
Swell

I'm sure I'll get the blame for this, LOL.

BTW, progress, ESPN will be using our preferred branding this year, Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns.
ajcalhoun: Nobody here gives a flying fuck about UL-L and the Sunbelt Conference.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

cajunfanatico wrote:I'm sure I'll get the blame for this, LOL.

BTW, progress, ESPN will be using our preferred branding this year, Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns.
somebody still watches ESPN ?...who knew !!!...
RobertM320
Green Wave

kookingkajun wrote:I'm not sure why everyone gets so pissy about a name of a school. If it's so important to Tulane then why don't they put it on their diplomas. I guess you could say I attended a Spanish school...UNO...
It is on their diploma. The Tulane University of Louisiana. Just like its the "Mercedes Benz" Superdome, its the "Tulane" University of Louisiana.

But thanks for playing.
Last edited by RobertM320 on Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
RobertM320
Green Wave

golfnut69 wrote:

somebody still watches ESPN ?...who knew !!!...
Sure. ESPN is desperate for viewers and content. They'll agree to anything, even if its from a Sunbelt school. The depths they have fallen to.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

I just spoke to one of my programming friends in Bristol, he is under the impression, LA-LAF, PAID espn to use the louisiana ragin cajun moniker..now that is what I call brand recognition !!!...LA-LAF will always be LA-LAF, the step brother/child of LSUA&M...for a fee anything can be shown, printed or spoken...just need to pony up the bucks
cajunfanatico
Swell

golfnut69 wrote:

I just spoke to one of my programming friends in Bristol, he is under the impression, LA-LAF, PAID espn to use the louisiana ragin cajun moniker..now that is what I call brand recognition !!!...LA-LAF will always be LA-LAF, the step brother/child of LSUA&M...for a fee anything can be shown, printed or spoken...just need to pony up the bucks
As I said, progress. Does it really bother you so much that you'd contact someone in Bristol to verify?
ccap05
Surge

cajunfanatico wrote:
golfnut69 wrote:

As I said, progress. Does it really bother you so much that you'd contact someone in Bristol to verify?
It is interesting that you would question someone who actually belongs on this board (an actual Tulane fan) about the efforts he goes to verify and clarify the claim you posted while you repeatedly post about UL-Laffy athletics on a board dedicated to another school and where such posts are obviously not wanted. I assume that this type of trolling satisfies some sort of need you have for attention or is a by product of some sort of inferiority complex. I assume now is the time in this discussion when you are compelled to repeat your story that your cousin or brother/uncle or some such who attended Tulane which is why you feel compelled to post Laffy drivel on this board?
kookingkajun
Low Tide

What I think is funny is how a few and I mean a few say something about a name and most of you get bent out of shape.
The section is labeled "Those Other Louisiana Schools" and whether it's USL, UL-L, UL, LSUNO, UNO, LSU A&M, LSU etc. it should fall under here and anything that's posted should be accepted. Now you're sounding like the bleeding lib at Berkley,
(oh wait I don't want to offend anyone, University of California at Berkley) where I can't post what I want.
cajunfanatico
Swell

ccap05 wrote:
cajunfanatico wrote:
golfnut69 wrote:

It is interesting that you would question someone who actually belongs on this board (an actual Tulane fan) about the efforts he goes to verify and clarify the claim you posted while you repeatedly post about UL-Laffy athletics on a board dedicated to another school and where such posts are obviously not wanted. I assume that this type of trolling satisfies some sort of need you have for attention or is a by product of some sort of inferiority complex. I assume now is the time in this discussion when you are compelled to repeat your story that your cousin or brother/uncle or some such who attended Tulane which is why you feel compelled to post Laffy drivel on this board?
Dad. It was my dad who was a Tulane grad, which is why I can say with all honesty that I was a Tulane fan long before ever being a Cajun fan.

Don't quite understand why that's such a tough concept for you to grasp.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

cajunfanatico wrote:
golfnut69 wrote:

I am retired and bored...too hot here it Austin to play golf...I did not call to verify, I called to see what the protocol was to have a certain logo displayed on the espn "scoreboard or scroll'....
cajunfanatico
Swell

Fair enough GN. I was hoping the reason was that we finally have an AD with a pair, but if took money, that works as well. As you said, branding is important so on that note, I see progress.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

cajunfanatico wrote:Fair enough GN. I was hoping the reason was that we finally have an AD with a pair, but if took money, that works as well. As you said, branding is important so on that note, I see progress.
I actually made the call, to see what it would take, to make sure Tulane did not have the "comb over T " associated with it any longer...