Site issue

Questions, complaints, and suggestions are always welcome.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Anybody else find the site is slow lately?

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

winwave wrote:Anybody else find the site is slow lately?
Not here.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Thanks. I have just had problems for the last week on various devices w/it being slow in loading and w/scrolling thru threads.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

winwave wrote:Thanks. I have just had problems for the last week on various devices w/it being slow in loading and w/scrolling thru threads.
Ok.
Tulane Class of 1981
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

I've had some issues lately where it loads an older page after waiting a minute or two. Then if I go out of the thread, hit refresh on the active topics page and go back into the thread the updated page loads. It's been happening for about a week or two now.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
ajcalhoun
Swell

No problems here other than some horrible posters.
God Bless Everyone!
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

Just checked with the host and logged into the server. I see no issues on our end.
Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Thanks Steve.
RobertM320
Green Wave

Is the site down, or is just no one posting? Its almost 11am on Saturday and nothing since last night? LOL
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Summer doldrums.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

For the first time in two weeks the site is no longer slow and the certificate thing is not showing up anymore. Not sure if you did anything Steve but if you did thanks.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

For some reason the site display is in a very large font, and I no longer see the header with options to navigate around the site, or go to my dashboard. I've tried rebooting, didn't help. Anyone else having similar problems? I don't have this problem anywhere else. It started yesterday.
RobertM320
Green Wave

Mine was fine all day yesterday, and its fine now as well. I was logged in most of yesterday.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
dpm wave
Swell

The only problem I've noticed is the lack of posts related to winning.

Hopefully that will be fixed in a month or two.. ;)
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

DfromCT wrote:For some reason the site display is in a very large font, and I no longer see the header with options to navigate around the site, or go to my dashboard. I've tried rebooting, didn't help. Anyone else having similar problems? I don't have this problem anywhere else. It started yesterday.
Fine here. Try clearing your history and cookies.
Tulane Class of 1981
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

DfromCT wrote:For some reason the site display is in a very large font, and I no longer see the header with options to navigate around the site, or go to my dashboard. I've tried rebooting, didn't help. Anyone else having similar problems? I don't have this problem anywhere else. It started yesterday.
Can you try a different browser and let me know what you see? This sounds browser/cache related. You can even try uninstalling the browser, then re-installing.
Roll Wave!
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

NOLABigSteve wrote:
Can you try a different browser and let me know what you see? This sounds browser/cache related. You can even try uninstalling the browser, then re-installing.
Good call, Steve. I'm using Explorer and the site is back to normal (usually I use Chrome). I'll try uninstalling and re-installing Chrome. THANKS!
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Uninstalling and re-installing Chrome didn't fix the problem. It's definitely tied to my Chrome account, though, as the site was back to normal using Explorer (which I'll used when I come here.)
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Good morning, Steve.

I still think the site is too white. The default font is a light grey against a bright white background. It's not easy on the eyes at all, and for most folks over 40, particularly those of us that stare at screens all day and are losing our great eyesight, it's tough to read. We need to make the default font much brighter and the background toned down a step or three.

Just my thoughts. I love what you've done with the site over the years, just not the changes that took place a couple of months ago.

ROLL WAVE!
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

DfromCT wrote: Sat Aug 25, 2018 4:12 am Good morning, Steve.

I still think the site is too white. The default font is a light grey against a bright white background. It's not easy on the eyes at all, and for most folks over 40, particularly those of us that stare at screens all day and are losing our great eyesight, it's tough to read. We need to make the default font much brighter and the background toned down a step or three.

Just my thoughts. I love what you've done with the site over the years, just not the changes that took place a couple of months ago.

ROLL WAVE!
D, I'm just now seeing this. I've gone ahead and slightly increased the "font weight" of the thread text to make things stand out maybe just a little more. Changing the colors of this theme involves way too many tweaks. If there is no backlash, we can go ahead and keep the change. But I do want others' input and feedback.
Roll Wave!
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Thanks, Steve.
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

DfromCT wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:27 amThanks, Steve.
I’m not sure how much of a difference it made. I’ll play with it some more.
Roll Wave!
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

I don't know if anyone else is having this issue, but for about 2-3 weeks now, I've been getting logged out of the site. Even when I open another window and work in the other window for an hour or two but keep GoTula.net open when I come back to that window I'm logged out. It's not that big of a deal since my username and password are stored, I'm more just curious as to whether or not others have the same issue?

About the same time, maybe earlier, the kickoff countdown clock started counting down the seconds separately. In other words, the clock shows and then the seconds tick down in a box that's below most of the minutes block. Again, not a big deal at all.
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

DfromCT wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 9:00 am I don't know if anyone else is having this issue, but for about 2-3 weeks now, I've been getting logged out of the site. Even when I open another window and work in the other window for an hour or two but keep GoTula.net open when I come back to that window I'm logged out. It's not that big of a deal since my username and password are stored, I'm more just curious as to whether or not others have the same issue?
I'll go poke around in the server settings, but I cannot say that I have noticed this lately.
DfromCT wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 9:00 am About the same time, maybe earlier, the kickoff countdown clock started counting down the seconds separately. In other words, the clock shows and then the seconds tick down in a box that's below most of the minutes block. Again, not a big deal at all.
Which browser do you use? It almost sounds like it may be zoomed in some? Try command + or command - to zoom in or out and tell me what you see. command 0 also resets the zoom. Obviously, just a guess.
Roll Wave!
Bigschtick
Riptide

no problem here, fast as ever.
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!