Search found 5871 matches

by DfromCT
Sat May 26, 2018 10:03 am
Forum: THE HUDDLE
Topic: ECU Wins theAAC Baseball Tourney
Replies: 185
Views: 2321

Re: AAC Baseball Tourney Thread

Well then you changed your mind since yesterday. Glad you've seen the light. Most also agree that we lack talent position player wise especially at catcher and SS. I’ve always said this year we have two starters that can win. Nothing much behind that. Sunday’s are hitters day for most teams. We sho...
by DfromCT
Sat May 26, 2018 9:36 am
Forum: THE HUDDLE
Topic: Quick look ahead to 2018
Replies: 19
Views: 1036

Re: Quick look ahead to 2018

Nice try! Seriously. You're giving it your all, winwave, and just coming up short. But nice try.
by DfromCT
Sat May 26, 2018 7:22 am
Forum: THE HUDDLE
Topic: Quick look ahead to 2018
Replies: 19
Views: 1036

Re: Quick look ahead to 2018

Wow, you found one thread where you admitted to a typo. Good for you. Busted? LMFAO.!!!
by DfromCT
Fri May 25, 2018 7:50 pm
Forum: THE HUDDLE
Topic: ECU Wins theAAC Baseball Tourney
Replies: 185
Views: 2321

Re: AAC Baseball Tourney Thread

That was a .625 winning percentage clip winwave predicted for the 2017 team.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=9414&p=158251&view=show#p158251

Does anyone else hear the crickets?
by DfromCT
Fri May 25, 2018 7:35 pm
Forum: THE HUDDLE
Topic: ECU Wins theAAC Baseball Tourney
Replies: 185
Views: 2321

Re: AAC Baseball Tourney Thread

Just so we can do the fact check, here's what winwave posted about the 2017 team on the threshold of the season: Well the season opens Friday night so let's have some fun. Expectations were so low for basketball that I don't even think we did one for it. This years team returns 6 proven position pla...
by DfromCT
Fri May 25, 2018 6:55 pm
Forum: THE HUDDLE
Topic: ECU Wins theAAC Baseball Tourney
Replies: 185
Views: 2321

Re: AAC Baseball Tourney Thread

I pity you, winwave. I really do. I haven't been happier in years. Really, but your can psychoanalyze me all you want through the internet. And you are wrong a whole lot more than you think, people just tire of arguing with you and give up, which is what I suggested others do that started this lates...
by DfromCT
Fri May 25, 2018 6:33 pm
Forum: THE HUDDLE
Topic: ECU Wins theAAC Baseball Tourney
Replies: 185
Views: 2321

Re: AAC Baseball Tourney Thread

You are so full of yourself, winwave. Once again, earlier this week I admitted (to localvb) that I was wrong. I do so regularly. I learn by listening to others, You NEVER EVER DO. Your attitude is so arrogant, I'm wondering if you might be the one from New York? You school us every time you post. Yo...
by DfromCT
Fri May 25, 2018 5:58 pm
Forum: THE HUDDLE
Topic: ECU Wins theAAC Baseball Tourney
Replies: 185
Views: 2321

Re: AAC Baseball Tourney Thread

winwave has the opinion that the 2017 team was going to stink no matter who coached him. There is no reason to try to logic or reason with him, that's his opinion, and he NEVER changes his mind or backs off, so why even bother? What we all agree upon is that the TJ hire is not looking very good at t...
by DfromCT
Wed May 23, 2018 5:55 pm
Forum: THE HUDDLE
Topic: ECU Wins theAAC Baseball Tourney
Replies: 185
Views: 2321

Re: AAC Baseball Tourney Thread

If you're willing to blame the fact that our bullpen has been our weakest link all year, and blame that on the coaching, then yes, this was a coaching loss. But Roper gutted out 7 very strong innings and was sent out there in the 8th with nothing left in the tank. If we had a decent bullpen, he woul...
by DfromCT
Wed May 23, 2018 2:02 pm
Forum: THE HUDDLE
Topic: ECU Wins theAAC Baseball Tourney
Replies: 185
Views: 2321

Re: AAC Baseball Tourney Thread

This pitcher Ross has amazing stats. Especially for a pitcher that has a 2-4 record (with 6 saves).
by DfromCT
Wed May 23, 2018 1:33 pm
Forum: THE HUDDLE
Topic: ECU Wins theAAC Baseball Tourney
Replies: 185
Views: 2321

Re: AAC Baseball Tourney Thread

Does anyone know if Dusty Baker is related to ....Dusty Baker?
by DfromCT
Wed May 23, 2018 12:47 pm
Forum: THE HUDDLE
Topic: ECU Wins theAAC Baseball Tourney
Replies: 185
Views: 2321

Re: 2018 AAC Baseball Tournament

Anyone have any scores? Who won the UH vs UCF game? The AAC Website isn't updating, and I get an error message when I click on the live stats button next to the games.
by DfromCT
Wed May 23, 2018 8:00 am
Forum: THE HUDDLE
Topic: ECU Wins theAAC Baseball Tourney
Replies: 185
Views: 2321

Re: AAC Tourney

Where is Robin Roberts Field? Can we get some video feeds going from that site? ROLL GREEN WAVE !!!! Robin Roberts Field is across the street from Spectrum Field, where they played yesterday. According to the Tulane Greenwave.com article it will be on the same AAC network as yesterday. But during y...
by DfromCT
Wed May 23, 2018 7:24 am
Forum: THE HUDDLE
Topic: Fritz Contract extension to 2023
Replies: 126
Views: 4827

Re: Fritz Contract extension to 2023

Now does Mike Fitts or the Board give Dannen an extension to keep him from going to Kansas? :mrgreen: Why would they? Dannen’s the moron who gave a 5 year extension to a coach with 2 losing seasons. If Kansas is stupid enough to take him, good f**cking riddance. It's a two year extension. He signed...
by DfromCT
Tue May 22, 2018 9:35 pm
Forum: THE HUDDLE
Topic: ECU Wins theAAC Baseball Tourney
Replies: 185
Views: 2321

Re: AAC Tourney

I'd like to change the tone of the thread, and tip my cap to the Green Wave. We won the first game. Need to keep winning

ROLL WAVE!
by DfromCT
Tue May 22, 2018 6:26 pm
Forum: THE HUDDLE
Topic: Fritz Contract extension to 2023
Replies: 126
Views: 4827

Re: Fritz Contract extension to 2023

No, but if he bolts one year after signing the extension, the buyout should be close to the value of the remaining years. Kansas (or any P5) can still afford it, but they might link buying out his contract to him agreeing to staying a certain number of years for that to "vest". Who knows? Let's see ...
by DfromCT
Tue May 22, 2018 5:42 pm
Forum: THE HUDDLE
Topic: Fritz Contract extension to 2023
Replies: 126
Views: 4827

Re: Fritz Contract extension to 2023

Fritz to Kansas makes sense: https://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/05/22/tulane-extends-willie-fritz-through-2023/amp/ That's one reason we'd like to know the buyout. But at the same time, I think Fritz would need no less than 8 wins this season for the Jayhawk faithful to buy in. He'd go ...
by DfromCT
Tue May 22, 2018 4:48 pm
Forum: THE HUDDLE
Topic: Fritz Contract extension to 2023
Replies: 126
Views: 4827

Re: Fritz Contract extension to 2023

I could see us drawing very few spectators to Boise, Idaho in December.
by DfromCT
Tue May 22, 2018 2:34 pm
Forum: THE HUDDLE
Topic: Fritz Contract extension to 2023
Replies: 126
Views: 4827

Re: Fritz Contract extension to 2023

I guess Dannen needs a history lesson. Bennie Ellender got a 10 year extension once and was fired two years later. Tulane was on the hook for 8 years. Funny thing was Tulane kept sending him a check for years after he was paid off. No one at Tulane thought to investigate. Sounds like Cowen. He's st...
by DfromCT
Tue May 22, 2018 1:26 pm
Forum: THE HUDDLE
Topic: ECU Wins theAAC Baseball Tourney
Replies: 185
Views: 2321

Re: AAC Tourney

Thanks, Steve. Great shot! The hourly forecast on weather.com says there's only a 15% chance of rain between now and 5 PM EST, then it goes to 35% at 5 PM and 50% at 6. Let's hope we can get the lion's share of the game in without interruption. If there is another delay mid game, let's remember that...
by DfromCT
Tue May 22, 2018 11:55 am
Forum: THE HUDDLE
Topic: ECU Wins theAAC Baseball Tourney
Replies: 185
Views: 2321

Re: AAC Tourney

Just a massive crowd behind the plate right now in Clearwater. I see --- one person, the camera man! LOL ECU leading UCF 8-4 in the 8th. I thought the same thing. Bring the tournament back to Airline Drive. Attendance there has always been like that. The conference must take a financial beating on ...
by DfromCT
Tue May 22, 2018 7:52 am
Forum: THE HUDDLE
Topic: Volleyball 2018
Replies: 24
Views: 1716

Re: Volleyball 2018

Again you are wrong in your strange quest to belittle the sport volleyball. WBB averaged 1,538 fans a game. WVB averaged 1,145. Ahead of those other sports you mentioned. Also, what I'm pointing out is the trend over the last 5 years. VB attendance is growing the fastest and will pass up WBB within...
by DfromCT
Mon May 21, 2018 10:16 pm
Forum: THE HUDDLE
Topic: Volleyball 2018
Replies: 24
Views: 1716

Re: Volleyball 2018

“Having a thread on the board does not make Women's Volleyball "the top female sport being played by female athletes". Women's basketball, and I'd argue softball, soccer, lacrosse and ice hockey are all played by more women athletes,” So I proved to you that you were completely wrong. That volleyba...
by DfromCT
Mon May 21, 2018 8:11 pm
Forum: THE HUDDLE
Topic: New Assistant Basketball Coach
Replies: 4
Views: 141

Re: New Assistant Basketball Coach

tpstulane wrote:
Mon May 21, 2018 7:48 pm
Yep. Reported already on the Anthony Wilkins thread:
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=10225
It was winwave that posted the news 6 days ago in that thread!!!

:roll: :oops: :lol:
by DfromCT
Mon May 21, 2018 7:03 pm
Forum: THE HUDDLE
Topic: New Assistant Basketball Coach
Replies: 4
Views: 141

Re: New Assistant Basketball Coach

It wasn't announced with a press release, but this was announced either the day the assistant left for GaTech or the day after. It came from Dunleavy and Tulane. It was WAY more officially announced than any potential Willie Fritz extension. This was a great hire, but it was also an internal hire as...